Douglas Milman – an experienced divorce lawyer at family law firm Wexell Milman in Fairfax County, Virginia – has been practicing in the field of family law since 1997. He is known among his colleagues, and by the Judges he appears before, as one of the most well-prepared and effective family law attorneys in the area. For more than 20 years, he has maintained a commitment to providing determined and effective advocacy, focusing on the needs and goals of his clients.
A Demonstrated Record of Success
Both inside and outside the courtroom, Douglas Milman has a demonstrated record of successful results in difficult divorce and family law cases, a few of which include:
- Following a four-day trial, the Court granted the request of Mr. Milman’s client to significantly restrict the other parent’s visitation when that parent was engaging in emotional abuse of their child.
- Douglas Milman obtained a divorce for his client on the ground of adultery, with a permanent bar against the other spouse with regard to spousal support.
- In a high-asset divorce case involving a successful business and other property, Douglas Milman negotiated a settlement of approximately $3.5 million for his client.
- Mr. Milman represented a former service member, and obtained a favorable spousal support outcome taking into account his client’s war-related disabilities.
- Mr. Milman has been involved in two successful appeals before the Virginia Court of Appeals (Sullivan v. Knick and Trimble v. Trimble).
A Master’s Degree in Litigation and Dispute Resolution
In addition to maintaining a busy law practice, Douglas Milman obtained a Master’s Degree in Litigation and Dispute Resolution (with Highest Honors) from George Washington University Law School – one of the few graduate level litigation programs in the United States. He also assists the Judges of the Fairfax County Circuit Court and the Fairfax County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court by serving as a Court Conciliator.
Douglas Milman’s Practice Areas include:
- Virginia, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 1998
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 1999
- Maryland, 1999
- District of Columbia, 1999
- California, 1991 (inactive)
- George Washington University Law School: L.L.M. in Litigation & Dispute Resolution – 2013
- Tulane University Law School: J.D. – 1991
- University of Virginia: B.A. in Government – 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Prince William County Bar Association, Member
- Fairfax County Bar Association, Member
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Family Law Section, Member
Schedule an Appointment with Divorce Lawyer Douglas Milman
With two decades of experience in family law cases, divorce lawyer Douglas Milman is a skillful negotiator and litigator who has a track record of successful results in complex divorce cases throughout Fairfax County and Northern Virginia. To find out how Douglas Milman and the team at Wexell Milman can help you to achieve the best possible outcome to your divorce or family law case, call 703-385-3858 or contact us online to schedule your initial consultation.